Gong Fu Tea Brew Guide
A traditional Chinese preparation of tea. Simple, elegant, and transportive.
What You Will Need:
- Bring ~1L filtered water to 205ºF in kettle (175ºF for Green tea).
- Fill gaiwan with hot water to preheat and rinse vessel. Transfer water into serving vessel.
- Place 4g tea in gaiwan. Rinse tea for a moment (under 10 seconds) and pour rinse water into serving vessel. Discard rinse water from serving vessel.
- Fill gaiwan with water and steep for 15 seconds. Pour into serving vessel and serve first steep, or continue stacking infusions.
- After first steep has been decanted, steep tea for 30 seconds in gaiwan. Pour into serving vessel and serve second steep, or continue stacking infusions.
- After second steep has been decanted, steep tea for 45 seconds in gaiwan. Pour into serving vessel and serve third steep, or serve three stacked infusions.
NOTE : Each tea can be approached slightly differently. If more or less strength is desired, feel free to adjust the amount of tea used, the temperature of the water, or the steep times.